Travelers to Norway
In principle, only persons domiciled in Norway are permitted to enter Norway. Persons residing in another country must have an approved purpose for the trip, and bring a negative corona test that is not older than 24 hours before entry.
Are you going to travel to Norway? Then you must remember this:
- You must fill out a travel registration form before you travel
- You must bring a certificate of negative corona test, taken within 24 hours before arrival
- You must test yourself when you come to Norway.
- You must be quarantined for 10 days in Norway
It is your duty to familiarize yourself with the rules and exceptions.
Offer of free test before departure, www.sos.dk
Read more at helsenorge.no.
Travelers to Denmark
In principle, only persons domiciled in Denmark are permitted to enter Denmark. Persons residing in another country must have an approved purpose for the trip, and bring a negative corona test that is not older than 24 hours before entry.
We point out that there are some restrictions on what is considered an approved purpose compared to before. Therefore get acquainted with all the rules at https://coronasmitte.dk/rejser-ind-i-danmark
If you are a foreigner and not resident in Denmark or holding a Danish resident permit, you must:
- Upon entry at the border; be able to present a negative COVID-19 test that is no more than 24 hours old at the time of entry.
- After entry; as a general rule you must obtain a new rapid test or PCR test no later than 24 hours after entry into Denmark. This also applies if you are able to present a negative test at the time of entry.
- Isolation; as a general rule you must isolate for 10 days.This also applies if you are able to present a negative test at the time of entry and after entering.
- Breaking isolation; you may break your isolation after obtaining a negative PCR test taken no earlier than on the fourth day after entry.
The entry restrictions apply until 5 April. Feel free to follow coronasmitte.dk for the latest status.
This does not apply to freight transporters.
Danish authorities have decided that all passengers from 12 years and above, shall use face mask while using public transportation. This implies also for ferries that travels through danish ports and ports outside, including Norway. Fjord Line is therefor under this regulation, as we operate through danish waters and have a terminal in Denmark.
We encourage our passengers to wear your face mask during the whole journey, in situations and on places where there are crowded.
More information on wearing a face mask when travelling with Fjord Line can be found HERE.
Actions taken onboard
When you enter our ship, you will immediately notice that we have done numerous actions to limit the spread of covid-19. We have placed stations with antibac, protective glass between employees and customers, positioned our buffet, adapted our opening hours of serving alcohol and plastic gloves for our guests are just some of our actions against covid-19.
For more information on what actions we are taking onboard our ship and at check-in, read more HERE.
Test on arrival
It is currently mandatory for everyone who travels to Norway to be tested for corona infection.
When calling in Kristiansand, an appointment for a coronation test must be booked at least 2 hours before arrival, appointment booking. If for any reason you do not enter the appointment booking form, contact us by phone: +47 948 09 041 Kristiansand Koronatelefon between kl. 08.30-14.45.
If you arrive in Norway via Risavika harbor, the test is mandatory upon arrival. Here you must submit a registration form. You will receive the form at check-in in Hirtshals, Denmark.