Travelers who have been fully vaccinated*
People who have been fully vaccinated or have undergone covid-19 in the last six months (12 months before entering Denmark) and have a valid corona certificate have the opportunity to travel to all our ports without the requirement for a test or registration of any kind. The corona certificate must be verifiable and connected to Norway or the EU’s solution for corona certificate.
Read more about corona certificate:
Color-coded countries and regions
For travelers who have not been fully vaccinated, it is the authorities’ color code division of countries and regions that decides which rules apply. It is your residential address that determines your color code, alternatively residence for the last 10 days for those who have been traveling.
- To Norway, see overview of countries / areas
- From green or yellow country / region, entry is allowed without the entry quarantine
- From orange or red country / region, entry only for those with a valid purpose with the entry quarantine at home or in a suitable place.
- From dark red country / region, only entry for those with a valid purpose of entry quarantine at quarantine hotel.
- To Denmark, see overview of countries / regions
- From green / yellow country / region, entry is allowed when bringing a negative corona test that is not older than 72 hours (PCR test) or 48 hours (antigen test), no requirement for isolation.
- From orange / red country / region, entry only for a recognized purpose, bring negative corona test and one must go in home quarantine for 10 days after arrival.
- To Sweden
- Sweden has no entry restrictions for travelers from Norway / the Nordic countries
Travelers to Norway from Denmark
In principle, only persons domiciled in Norway, or with a Danish/EU corona-pass that can be verified, are permitted to enter Norway. Persons residing in another country must have an approved purpose for the trip, and bring a negative corona test that is not older than 24 hours before arrival.*
Are you going to travel to Norway? Then you must remember this:*
- You must fill out a travel registration form before you travel
- You must bring a certificate of negative corona test, taken within 24 hours before arrival (It is not necessary to bring a test if you have been fully vaccinated in Norway or Denmark and can document this).
- You must test yourself when you come to Norway.
- You must be quarantined for 10 days in Norway, see in what form here:
- If you have been fully vaccinated in Norway or Denmark/EU and can present documentation of this via a QR code, you will be released from entry quarantine.
- Travelers from European countries with particularly high infection rates, as well as travelers from countries outside the EEA and Schengen, must be in quarantine hotels until a negative test at the earliest after 7 days.
It is your duty to familiarize yourself with the rules and exceptions.
Offer of test before departure, covid-19 test center
Read more at helsenorge.no.
Travelers with children
Children under the age of 18 are also covered by entry registration and travel quarantine upon entry into Norway, as follows:
- Entry from green country / region
- must register entry here, (minors under 16 years of age accompanied by adults who register are exempt from registration)
- must test at the border on arrival (minors under 12 years are exempt from testing if it is particularly challenging to complete a test).
- it is not necessary to quarantine
- Entry from orange or red countries / regions
- Minor children who travel with parents who hold a valid EU COVID-19 certificate. If you hold a valid EU COVID-19 certificate, your minor children can travel with you to Norway.
- must register their entry here, (minors under 16 years of age accompanied by adults who register are exempt from registration)
- Bring a negative corona test that is not older than 24 hours before arriving in Norway (minors under the age of 12 are exempt from testing if it is particularly challenging to complete a test).
must test at the border on arrival (minors under 12 years are exempt from testing if it is particularly challenging to complete a test).
- must be quarantined at home / suitable place for 10 days. One can test oneself out of the quarantine on the third day after entry with a negative PCR test.
Important information! Domestic travel
Due to limited test capacity at Risavika harbour / Bergen harbour (to Stavanger and to Bergen), only guests who can document that they have been fully vaccinated or had covid-19 in the last six months can travel domestically between these ports. Until further notice.
Travelers to Denmark
Anyone who can show a valid corona certificate showing that you have been fully vaccinated or have had Covid 19 in the last 12 months can enter Denmark without bringing a test or being quarantined.
Persons who have not been fully vaccinated (have received two vaccine doses + two weeks / one johnson & johnson dose + three weeks), or have undergone COVID-19 in the last 12 months, are required to present a negative coronal test when entering Denmark. All foreigners without permanent residence in Denmark and who live in an EU / Schengen country / region with green / yellow status can travel to Denmark.
Denmark accepts PCR tests or rapid tests (antigen tests). A PCR test must be performed less than 72 hours before entry. A rapid test (antigen test) must be performed less than 48 hours before entry.
Read more at en.coronasmitte.dk.
Due to limited test capacity near the port, it is recommended to carry out tests in their own home municipality. If it is difficult to perform the test in the home municipality before departure, Fjord Line has a limited test offer for our travelers in Kristiansand and Hirtshals.
People living in other countries are encouraged to check which rules apply on en.coronasmitte.dk..
It is important that all travelers familiarize themselves with the rules that apply when arriving in Denmark as this depends on various factors such as region of residence and vaccination status.
We reserve the right to make changes at very short notice. You must ALWAYS check updated information from the Danish authorities.
We encourage our passengers to wear your face mask during the whole journey, in situations and on places where there are crowded.
Actions taken onboard
When you enter our ship, you will immediately notice that we have done numerous actions to limit the spread of covid-19. We have placed stations with antibac, protective glass between employees and customers, positioned our buffet, adapted our opening hours of serving alcohol and plastic gloves for our guests are just some of our actions against covid-19.
For more information on what actions we are taking onboard our ship and at check-in, read more HERE.
* Selected paragraphs may contain automatically translated text. We will ensure the quality of the text as soon as possible. Due to frequent changes in current rules, we use machine translations until we have the opportunity to ensure their quality. We would like to ask for understanding for this, and apologize if this leads to language that may be difficult to understand.