The security of our guest and employees is our highest priority at all times. To prevent any spread of the coronavirus on board our ships or at our harbors and terminals, we encourage all our passengers to follow given health advice.
Who can travel
Due to the extraordinary situation regarding the Corona virus the national authorities have made restrictions on to who can cross the border between Norway and Denmark.
Both countries have closed its borders for all nationals, except their own. Exceptions can be made for those who can document a special reason to gain entry.
We therefor strongly encourage all travelers to read and understand the restrictions that have been set by each nation before purchasing a ticket. Fjord Line will not refund money tickets for travelers that are denied entry.
There are no restrictions on freight and normal conditions apply. You can find the information here: regjering.no
Anyone who has booked a journey that cannot be carried out due to a canceled departure, as a general rule, is entitled to a rebook their trip or get a refund. We are continuously sending out a value voucher for the price of the booked trip.
However, due to extraordinary work pressure on customer service, the case processing time is very length at the moment.
Check out our updated travel and purchase conditions.
Extraordinary sailing schedule
Due to the current extraordinary situation concerning the corona virus ( COVID-19), we have adjusted our scheduled sailing plans.
We have opened a new extraordinary route between Kristiansand and Hirtshals with a port call in Stavanger, departing twice a week.
Departure from Hirtshals to Stavanger, Tuesdays and Saturdays – Departure from Stavanger to Hirtshals, Wednesdays and Sundays
All departures from Sandefjord to Strömstad is cancelled.
Measures on board:
We have not experienced any instances of the coronavirus on bord.
- Due to restrictions from national authorities, we are closing our buffet restaurant on all ships.
- Information posters presenting hygienic measures to prevent the spread of the virus are placed at all reception desks.
- Antibacterial dispensers have been placed in public areas throughout our vessels to ensure good hand hygiene.
- We have increased the frequency of preventative cleaning of «Hand Contact Point Hotspots», such as door handles, touch pads for dispensers etc.
- If we suspect infection on board, our vessels follow advice given by health authorities. You can read more here.
Help prevent infection:
- A paper tissue over your nose protects others when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue away immediately. Then wash your hands.
- Use a flexed elbow when you cough or sneeze and do not have a tissue handy.
- Wash your hands thoroughly and often, particularly when around other people.
- Hand disinfection with alcohol-based products is a good alternative when you are unable to wash your hands, for example when you are travelling.
Find updated information:
Koronavirus in Norway (FHI)
Coronavirus in Denmark (SST)
Coronavirus in Sweden (FHO)
Coronavirus: World Health organization (WHO).