Gå til hovedinnhold Til toppen

How we are organised

Fjord Line is a ferry company with around 700 FTEs of whom around 70% work on board our ships. The other 30% are based on land at terminals and offices in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Europe.

Fjord Line has nine different departments on land: Corporate management, HR, finance, freight, IT, technical/nautical, commercial, marketing and sales. Land-based employees work at terminals and offices in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland and Lithuania.

We divide the business into three categories: land-based employees, shipping operations and hotel service on board.

Land-based employees
  • Administration
  • Marketing
  • Sales
  • Booking
  • Port workers
  • Freight
Shipping operations
  • Captains
  • Navigators
  • Able seamen/ordinary seamen
  • Engineering Officers
  • Electricians
  • Carpenters
Hotel service on board
  • Hotel managers
  • Middle managers
  • Controllers
  • Restaurant staff and bartenders
  • Cooks
  • Café staff
  • Kitchen porters
  • Cleaners
  • Shop assistants
  • Night staff
  • Receptionists
  • Sound and light technicians

All permanent marine staff do a 14 day on/off rota. They work 14 days on board and then are off for 14 days. In addition to the permanent on-board staff, we also have Flexcrew hotel relief workers for when we need extra staff due to large numbers of guests, illness, etc. Relief workers may be on board for 1-14 days and work in different places while on board.