Fjord Line is changing port: What this means for you
We are changing port from Langesund to Kristiansand, thus strengthening our offerings between Hirtshals and Kristiansand.
As our ships MS Stavangerfjord and MS Bergensfjord resume to traffic, respectively, in May and June, the ships will be operating on the route Bergen-Stavanger-Hirtshals-Kristiansand permanently.
Thus, we are changing port from Langesund to Kristiansand, wishing to strengthen the route between Hirtshals and Kristiansand strategically. By this, we will be able to provide our guests with an excellent year-round offer with a wide range of departures. We will continue to supplement our offerings with our fastest alternative, high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR, throughout spring, summer and fall seasons as before.
The travel time for our MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord between Hirtshals and Kristiansand will be 3 hours and 55 minutes. The travel time for our high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR is 2 hours and 25 minutes. (Travelling by car between Langesund and Kristiansand takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes).
Please find the press statement regarding this information here.
In the following months, our departures between Hirtshals and Kristiansand will be as followed:
Between 30/03 and 26/05
- High-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR will be operating on its regular schedule – two departures each direction (on 30.03. and on Wednesdays there will only be one departure in each direction)
Between 27/05 and 16/06
- Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday: 3 daily departures (2 of which with our high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR and one with MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord)
- Monday, Friday and Sunday: 2 daily departures with Fjord FSTR
- Wednesday: 1 daily departure with Fjord FSTR
Between 17/06 and 22/06
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday: 3 daily departures (2 of which with our high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR one with MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord))
- Wednesday: 2 daily departures (one of which with Fjord FSTR, the other one with MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord))
Between 23/06 and 06/08
- Monday, Thursday-Sunday: 4 daily departures (3 of which with our high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR one with MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord))
- Tuesday: 2 daily departures (one of which with Fjord FSTR)
- Wednesday: 3 daily departures (2 of which with our high-speed catamaran Fjord FSTR the other with MS Bergensfjord/MS Stavangerfjord))
- See timetable
Please find the exact time of departure for your departure date here or click here for an overview over all routes.
These changes might affect you as a guest:
- Guests who have booked a journey between Langesund and Hirtshals (either way) will be affected by these changes.
- We apologize for the inconvenience this causes to any customer affected by these adjustments. You will be moved automatically to a deparure from / to Kristiansand. You will receive both a text message as well as an e-mail with further details. You are welcome to change your time of departure if you prefer another departure. If wished, you can choose to get a full refund of your ticket instead.
- Our customer service’s opening hours can be found here.
- Thank you for your understanding.